domingo, 19 de junho de 2011

cine en casa


Naus e caravelas Sta Maria, Niña e Pinta de Cristovão Colombo

1942, conquest of paradise
Ridley Scott, 1992


"You never tried to learn my language..."



a Descoberta do Novo Mundo
uma nova tentativa para a civilização,
Será o Homem capaz de melhor?



Queen Isabella I.: [referring to Columbus' proposed expedition] The costs would be ruinous. Sanchez: No more than the costs of two state banquettes.

(...)

Sanchez: [Columbus stops Sanchez after he leaves an audience with the Queen. Sanchez looks at him, disgusted] You're a dreamer. Columbus: [shooting a glance out of a window] Tell me, what do you see? Sanchez: [pausing to look] I see rooftops, I see palaces, I see towers, I see spires that reach... to the sky! I see civilisation! Columbus: All of them built by people like me. [Sanchez doesn't respond - shocked] Columbus: No matter how long you live, Sanchez, there is something that will never change between us. I did it. You didn't.

(...)


Columbus: Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier.

cena do filme após o tornado, formigas atarefadas na reconstrução





_ "The thin red Line", outro filme visto recentemente em tempo de chuvas lá fora

_ Hoje por aqui Homenagem a Ernesto Sabato, e ontem em Lisboa, a José Saramago

_ o jantar logo é aqui
;) Sukiyaki

Sem comentários: